Current Community Training
Millcreek Emergency Management in partnership with Unified Fire Authority is currently holding a Community Emergency Response team (CERT) course every 3rd Thursday August through December. (see detailed schedule below)
CERT Hybrid Course
This is a new hybrid course with most of the lecture material presented in an online interactive portal. This allows the participant to progress through the material at their own pace leading up to the monthly hands-on skills classroom portion. You can start at any class, we will start again at the beginning of the year.
All hands-on classes are to be taught on the third Thursday of the month (except Unit 6 / 8 and 9) from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The location will be in St. Marks Hospital in the classroom right outside of the ER Entrance, named 1J.
Please register here to receive your access code to the online portal [Please write this down for future reference]. Payment for the course will be collected on your first day, course fee $40 (covers basic equipment and course materials).
Fall 2018 Training Timeline
- August 16, 2018
- Introduction and Orientation
- Unit 1: Disaster Preparedness
- Unit 2: Fire Safety and Utility Controls
- September 20, 2018
- Unit 3: Triage and Immediate Care
- Unit 7: Disaster Psychology
- October 18, 2018
- Unit 4: Disaster Medical Operations
- November 15, 2018
- Unit 5: Light Search and Rescue Operations and Victim Care
- December 6, 2018
- Unit 6: CERT Organization
- Unit 8: Terrorism and HazMat Safety
- December 13, 2018
- Unit 9: Course Review and Disaster Simulation
Special thanks to St. Mark’s Hospital for allowing us to use a training room for the monthly classroom portion. And Unified Fire Authority for assisting with instruction and with equipment.