Planning & Zoning
FAQs & Guides
- Residential Zone Fact Sheet
- RCOZ User Guide
- Multifamily Development
- FAQs for Appraisers
- Zoning Map
- Zoning Code
The Residential Zone Fact Sheet contains everything you need to know about setbacks and building stipulations for houses, fences, garages, and sheds in a residential zone.
Please read through the links below to learn more about Multifamily Development:
- 19.44 -M Multifamily Residential Zone
- 19.80 Off-Street Parking Requirements
- 19.84 Conditional Uses
- 19.77 Water Efficient Landscape Design and Development Standards
- 19.78 Planned Unit Developments
- Title 18 Subdivisions
If you would like to know about the specific zoning of the property, please visit the zoning map here.
Please reach out to email@example.com for detailed inquiries.
Are you an Appraiser? Please refer to our FAQ's below before contacting a Planner.
- Is the property nonconforming? If the property is non-compliant with the currently adopted code, the property is nonconforming. Check the Salt Lake County Assessor website, if it was built before the establishment of Millcreek (2017) this property is most likely nonconforming.
- If the property development was approved under Salt Lake County but no longer meets the current code, the property is legal nonconforming.
- Is the use legal? Email a planner for more information, please include the property address, zoning information, and any other pertinent information and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please refer to Chapter 19.88 NONCONFORMING USES AND NONCOMPLYING STRUCTURES
- Can I rebuild if destroyed? Please refer to 19.88.110 Restoration Of Damaged Structure
- You can look up the property here for more zoning information.
Click HERE Version OptionsPlanning & Zoning-tabs optionHeadline to find all documents associated with completing the following applications and amendments:
- Rezone (ZM)
- Subdivision (SD)
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP)
- Lot Adjustment (LB/LC)
- Land Use Hearing (LUHO)
- Development Review Consultation (DRC)
- Text Amendment (ZT)
- General Plan Amendment (GP)
- Planned Unit Development
- Residential Compatibility Zone, Option B (RCOZ B)
- Residential Compatibility Zone, Option C (RCOZ C)
- Have Use Declared Legal through Special Exception
Click the link below to be directed to the online Land Use Planning Application:
DEVELOPMENT REVIEW CONSULTATIONS (DRC)
Any project in Millcreek under the following projects must schedule a DRC before submitting an application to Millcreek:
- Conditional Use Permit
- Planned Unit Developments
- Text Amendments
To schedule a DRC you must have at minimum a to-scale site plan that can be submitted 9 days prior for preliminary review. In addition to a to-scale site plan, it is best to complete the DRC Application & Checklist prior to scheduling a DRC.
DRCs are every 2nd and 4th Wednesday morning of the month. To schedule a DRC email a Millcreek planner.
Don't know which zone your property resides in? Check out our interactive Zoning Map!
Land Use Application (PDF)
Please fill out the Land Use Application form above and check the box that says “Research Request." Once the application is complete, please send an email to email@example.com. The application fee is $100, once payment is made, the application is confirmed, it then takes 3-7 business days for completion of the letter. A planner will email an invoice to you once the application is submitted. Payment can be made by calling the front desk at 801-214-2700.
The Planning Commission is a volunteer body whose members are appointed by the Mayor, with the advice and consent of the City Council.
The Planning Commission public meeting is a public forum where the Planning Commission receives comments from applicants, the public, applicable agencies and staff regarding land use applications and other items on the Commission’s agenda. In addition, it is where the Planning Commission takes action on these items. Actions may include: approval, approval with conditions, denial of legislative items, continuance, or recommendation to other bodies as applicable.
- 3rd Wednesday of each month at 5:00 p.m.
- Millcreek City Hall (1330 E Chambers Avenue, 2nd Floor Community Forum)
AGENDAS, MINUTES & NOTICES
Agendas are available prior to the meetings, and minutes are available following approval. Public hearing notices are also available through the Agenda Center.
TO BE PUT ON THE PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA PLEASE FILL OUT A PLANNING APPLICATION