Planning & Zoning
FAQs & Guides
- Residential Zone Fact Sheet
- RCOZ User Guide
- Multifamily Development
- FAQs for Appraisers
- Zoning Map
- Zoning Code
The Residential Zone Fact Sheet contains everything you need to know about setbacks and building stipulations for houses, fences, garages, and sheds in a residential zone.
Please read through the links below to learn more about Multifamily Development:
- 19.44 -M Multifamily Residential Zone
- 19.80 Off-Street Parking Requirements
- 19.84 Conditional Uses
- 19.77 Water Efficient Landscape Design and Development Standards
- 19.78 Planned Unit Developments
- Title 18 Subdivisions
If you would like to know about the specific zoning of the property, please visit the zoning map here.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed inquiries.
Are you an Appraiser? Please refer to our FAQ's below before contacting a Planner.
- Is the property nonconforming? If the property is non-compliant with the currently adopted code, the property is nonconforming. Check the Salt Lake County Assessor website, if it was built before the establishment of Millcreek (2017) this property is most likely nonconforming.
- If the property development was approved under Salt Lake County but no longer meets the current code, the property is legal nonconforming.
- Is the use legal? Email a planner for more information, please include the property address, zoning information, and any other pertinent information and email email@example.com
- Please refer to Chapter 19.88 NONCONFORMING USES AND NONCOMPLYING STRUCTURES
- Can I rebuild if destroyed? Please refer to 19.88.110 Restoration Of Damaged Structure
- You can look up the property here for more zoning information.
Click HERE Version OptionsPlanning & Zoning-tabs optionHeadline to find all documents associated with completing the following applications and amendments:
- Rezone (ZM)
- Subdivision (SD)
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP)
- Lot Adjustment (LB/LC)
- Land Use Hearing (LUHO)
- Design Review Committee (DRC)
- Text Amendment (ZT)
- General Plan Amendment (GP)
- Planned Unit Development
- Residential Compatibility Zone, Option B (RCOZ B)
- Residential Compatibility Zone, Option C (RCOZ C)
- Have Use Declared Legal through Special Exception
Click the link below to be directed to the online Land Use Planning Application:
DESIGN REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING
Don't know which zone your property resides in? Check out our interactive Zoning Map!
Land Use Application (PDF)
Please fill out the Land Use Application form above and check the box that says “Research Request." Once the application is complete, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application fee is $100, once payment is made, the application is confirmed, it then takes 3-7 business days for completion of the letter. A planner will email an invoice to you once the application is submitted. Payment can be made by calling the front desk at 801-214-2700.