In accordance with Utah Code Ann. 10-3-301, notice is hereby given that the following municipal offices are to be voted upon in the Millcreek 2021 Municipal Election to serve four-year terms: Council District 2 and Council District 4. The period for eligible candidates to file a declaration of candidacy has been extended due to the Council opting into the Municipal Alternate Voting Methods Pilot Project (ranked choice voting) and will be August 10-17, 2021 during regular business hours, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., at Millcreek City Hall with the Recorder’s Office.
The General Election will be held November 2, 2021.
RANKED CHOICE VOTING
For more information on Ranked Choice Voting, visit Utah Ranked Choice Voting.
- Visit the Utah Voter Registration Website to find out how to register to vote.
- Check your registration status, location of ballot drop boxes and vote centers, or view other election information at the Salt Lake County Clerk’s Election website Opens a New Window. .
- Visit vote.utah.gov to view candidate profiles, find information about polling locations, register to vote, see your specific voter information, track ballots, view the sample ballot, and more.
- Military and overseas voters may complete the Federal Postcard Application, which can be accessed by visiting the Federal Voting Assistance Program website.
Qualifications for Elected Office:
- A candidate must be a United States Citizen.
- A candidate must be at least 18 years old and a registered voter of Millcreek.
- A candidate must have resided in Millcreek for at least 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
- A candidate must reside in the council district where election is desired.
- In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored.