Any excavating within the City right-of-way requires an excavation permit from the Public Works Department.
To work within the City right-of-way, it is required by Ordinance that the excavator have on file with the Engineering Department an excavation bond guaranteeing the job site for three years from date of completion of the job and a certificate of insurance indemnifying Millcreek.
Please choose an agreement to be submitted with your bond:
- Cashiers Check Agreement (PDF)
- Escrow Agreement (PDF)
- Letter of Credit Agreement (PDF)
- Surety Bond Agreement (PDF)
Scheduling & Bonds
To allow for scheduling, 48 hour notice is required before the commencement of work within the City right-of-way. To work within the right-of-way of Millcreek, the minimum bond amount is $10,000, guaranteeing the job site for three years from date of completion. Millcreek must be listed as an additional insured on the contractors liability insurance minimum limits are $1,000,000.
Temporary Traffic Control
Temporary traffic control must be in accordance with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), approved by the Traffic Engineer or Excavation Inspector before commencement of work.
Full Road Closure
Full road closure is generally not allowed, when necessary, 72 hours notice is required and the Engineer must approve the traffic control plan. Barricade plans should be sent by emailing Bonny Aguilar.
Excavation Fee Schedule
Excavation fee schedule is as follows:
- Bituminous surface course to match existing thickness or 3 inches minimum (must have prior approval by city)
- Granular compatible material to 96% within roadway area and 90% outside of roadway. In accordance with the Standard Specifications.
- Lane Closure Fee: $50 per day for each lane or partial lane that is closed or obstructed for more than 72 hours
- Penalty for work without an Excavation Permit is equal to two times the excavation fee assessed at the completion of the job
- Permit Extension Fee: One half of the original fee assessed
- Untreated base course to match existing thickness or 8 inches minimum. (Must have prior approval by city)
- Work within the unpaved surface (dirt) $125 minimum $0.25 per square foot
- Work within the paved surface (asphalt or concrete) $250 minimum $0.50 per square foot