Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program helps train people to be better prepared and ready to respond to emergency situations in their communities.
When emergencies happen, CERT members can give critical support to first responders, provide immediate assistance to victims, and organize spontaneous volunteers at a disaster site. CERT members can also help with non-emergency projects that help improve the safety of the community.
The CERT basic course is taught in the community by a trained team of first responders and skilled volunteers who have completed a CERT Train-the-Trainer course conducted by their state training office for emergency management.
CERT Basic Course covers training in the following areas:
- Disaster preparedness
- Disaster response organization
- Basic disaster medical operations
- Light fire suppression
- Light search and rescue operations
- Disaster Psychology
Millcreek Emergency Management has partnered with Unified Fire Authority and St. Mark’s Hospital to hold Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Basic courses for the community in the Spring and Fall. (see detailed schedule below)
Millcreek City Hall is located at 1330 E Chambers Avenue. CERT meetings will take place on the 2nd Floor in the Emergency Operations Center, Room 240.
- August 30, 2023 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm | Location: Millcreek City Hall (MCH)
- Introduction and Orientation
- Unit 1: Disaster Preparedness
- September 13, 2023 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm | Location: MCH
- Unit 2: CERT Organization
- Unit 5: Disaster Psychology
- September 27, 2023 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm | Location: MCH
- Unit 6: Fire Safety and Utility Controls
- Unit 8: Terrorism and HazMat Safety
- October 11, 2023 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm | Location: MCH
- Unit 7: Light Search and Rescue Operations and Victim Care
- October 25, 2023 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm | Location: MCH
- Unit 3: Disaster Medical Operations – Part 1
- November 8, 2023 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm | Location: MCH
- Unit 4: Disaster Medical Operations – Part 2
- November 11 or 18, 2023 (Saturday) - Location: TBD
- Unit 9: Course Review and Disaster Simulation
CERT HYBRID COURSE
This is a new hybrid course with most of the lecture material presented in an online interactive portal. This allows the participant to progress through the material at their own pace leading up to the bi-weekly hands-on skills classroom portion.
All hands-on classes are to be taught twice a year, once in the Spring and again in the Fall. Class times run from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and are held at Millcreek City Hall. Please see the detailed schedule for specific locations for each day.
Please register HERE REGISTRATION REGISTRATION REGISTRATION REGISTRATION REGISTRATION REGISTRATION REGISTRATION REGISTRATION REGISTRATION REGISTRATION REGISTRATIONto receive your access code to the online portal [Please write this down for future reference].
Millcreek Office of Emergency Management would like to give a special thanks to St. Mark’s Hospital and Unified Fire Authority for allowing us to use a training space and for assisting with instruction and with equipment.