Utah Division of Forestry, Fire & State Lands
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) FireWise Resources
Floods - What you should know living in UtahSalt Lake County Flood Control - Flood Preparedness Manual
Sandbags for Residents
Serious flooding issues should be reported to Millcreek during business hours at 801-214-2700 or after hours at 385-468-6101.
Sandbags are available at no cost to residents at the Salt Lake County Public Works Yard located at 604 W 6960 S in Midvale. Residents are allowed up to 25 bags which can be picked up anytime during regular business hours from 8 to 5 or after hours by calling ahead to 385-468-6101 to make arrangements.
If you have concerns or have had problems in the past, be prepared by having some sandbags at the ready.
Grab Your Kit, and Walk to School. A program that utilizes local elementary schools as communication and reunification hubs during catastrophic disasters.
Disaster Response skills taught right here in Millcreek. Sign-up for a course today.
- Preparing for Potential Outages
- Sign-up for outage alerts via your Rocky Mountain Power Account portal
- Report Outages, more reports can help zero in on the problem causing the outage.
- By Phone, 1-877-508-5088
- By Text, Text OUT to 759677 to report an outage; Text STAT to 759677 to check the status of your outage.
- Online here
- Key Causes of Power Outages
- What Rocky Mountain Power Does to Restore Power