City Council Meeting
Millcreek City Council & Community Reinvestment Agency Meeting Agenda
Public Notice is hereby given that the City Council of Millcreek will assemble in a public work meeting and regular meeting on Monday, 28 March 2022 at City Hall, 3330 S. 1300 E., Millcreek, Utah 84106, commencing at 5:30 p.m. for the work meeting and 7:00 p.m. for the regular meeting. The Community Reinvestment Agency of Millcreek will also assemble in a regular public meeting and will commence when the City Council has recessed or concluded the Council meeting.
5:30 p.m. – WORK MEETING:
1. Ranked Choice Voting Presentation; Kelleen Potter, Utah Ranked Choice Voting
2. Presentation by Utah Election Integrity; Cristy Bulkley and Wendy Hart
3. Presentation on the Golden Volunteer Management Platform; Stephanie Bond, HR Manager and Kayla Mayers, Promise Program Manager
4. Fiscal Year 2022-23 Budget Discussion; Laurie Johnson, HR-Finance Director
5. Staff Reports
6. Discussion of Agenda Items, Correspondence, and/or Future Agenda Items
7:00 p.m. - REGULAR MEETING:
1. Welcome, Introduction and Preliminary Matters
1.1 Pledge of Allegiance
1.2 Public Comment
Audience members may bring any item to the Council's attention. Comments are subject to the Public Comment and Policy set forth below. State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
1.3 Unified Police Department Millcreek Precinct Officer of the Month for February 2022 –
Detective Danny Diel
2. Planning Matters
2.1 First Readings:
a. ZM-22-003, Request for a Rezone from R-1-10 to R-1-8 to Accommodate a 2-Lot Subdivision at 4070 S. 1300 E.; Katie Larsen, Planner
b. ZM-22-005; Request for a Rezone from R-1-10 to R-1-21 at 2279 E. Keller Lane to Accommodate a Proposed Land Consolidation with 2254 Alva Circle and a Rezone from R-1-10 to R-1-8 for the Remainder of 2279 E. Keller Lane; Carlos Estudillo, Planner
3. Financial Matters
3.1 Public Hearing on Opening and Amending the Fiscal Year 2021-22 General Fund and Capital Improvement Project Fund Budget
3.2 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 22-12, Amending the 2021-2022 Fiscal Year Budget
4. Business Matters
4.1 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 22-11, Amending the Property Maintenance Code Regarding Dead or Damaged Trees
4.2 Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 22-08, Supporting Salt Lake County Ordinance Amending Section 19.12.030 of the Salt Lake County Code to Eliminate Mineral Extraction and Processing as a Conditional Use and Explicitly Prohibiting the Same and Similar Uses in the Forestry and Recreation Zones; Amending Section 19.72.190 to Eliminate Mineral Extraction and Processing as a Use for Which Waivers Can be Granted; Amending Section 19.76.030 Regarding Classification of Permitted and Conditional Uses Not Listed in Title 19; and Enacting Related Regulations
5.1 Mayor’s Report
5.2 City Council Member Reports
5.3 City Treasurer’s Report
5.4 Staff Reports
5.5 Unified Fire Authority Report
5.6 Unified Police Department Report
6. Consent Agenda
6.1 Approval of March 14, 2022 Work Meeting and Regular Meeting Minutes
7. New Items for Subsequent Consideration
8. Calendar of Upcoming Events
• Mt. Olympus Community Council Mtg., 4/4/22, 6:00 p.m.
• Millcreek Community Council Mtg., 4/5/22, 6:30 p.m.
• Canyon Rim Citizens Association Mtg., 4/6/22, 7:00 p.m.
• East Mill Creek Community Council Mtg., 4/7/22, 6:30 p.m.
• City Council Mtg., 4/11/22, 7:00 p.m.
9. Closed Session (If Needed)
The Council may convene in a closed session to discuss items as provided by Utah Code Ann. §52-4-205.
Community Reinvestment Agency Convening
1. Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 22-07, Designating a Survey Area and Authorizing the Preparation of a Draft Community Reinvestment Project Area Plan and Budget for the Proposed Wasatch Community Reinvestment Project Area
2. Approval of January 10, 2022 Regular Meeting Minutes
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Millcreek will make reasonable accommodation for participation in the meeting. Individuals may request assistance by contacting the ADA Coordinator, 801-214-2751 or email@example.com, at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
Public Comment Policy and Procedure: The purpose of public comment is to allow citizens to address items on the agenda. Citizens requesting to address the Council may be asked to complete a written comment form and present it to the City Recorder. In general, the Chair will allow an individual two minutes to address the Council. A spokesperson, recognized as representing a group in attendance, may be allowed up to five minutes. At the conclusion of the citizen comment time, the Chair may direct staff to assist the citizen on the issue presented; direct the citizen to the proper administrative department(s); or take no action. This policy also applies to all public hearings. Citizens may also submit written requests (outlining their issue) for an item to be considered at a future council meeting. The Chair may place the item on the agenda under citizen comments; direct staff to assist the citizen; direct the citizen to the proper administrative departments; or take no action. Public comment can be submitted via the City’s website at: https://millcreek.us/FormCenter/Contact-Us-5/Public-Comments-61.
The meeting will be live streamed via the City’s website at: https://millcreek.us/373/Meeting-Live-Stream. The Council may convene in an electronic meeting. Council members may participate from remote locations and may be connected to the electronic meeting by GoToMeeting, Zoom, or telephonic communications. The anchor location will be City Hall.
THE DULY APPOINTED CITY RECORDER FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF MILLCREEK HEREBY CERTIFIES THAT A COPY OF THE FOREGOING NOTICE WAS EMAILED OR POSTED TO:
City Offices City Website Utah Public Notice Website
Those Listed on the Agenda http://millcreek.us
DATE: March 23, 2022 CITY RECORDER: Elyse Sullivan
Agenda items may be moved in order, sequence, and time to meet the needs of the Council and Agency.
- CC and CRA 3-28-22 Agenda.pdf
- Work Mtg. Item 3 _ Golden Volunteer Management.pdf
- Item 2.1a _ ZM-22-003 City Council Staff Report.Atcd.pdf
- Item 2.1b _ ZM-22-005 City Council staff report with supporting documents.pdf
- Item 3.2 _ Ordinance 22-12 FY 21-22 Budget Amendment.pdf
- Item 4.1 _ Ordinance 22-11 Amending Property Maintenance Code.pdf
- Item 4.2 _ Resolution 22-08 SLCo Ordinance Support.pdf
- Item 6.1 _ CC 3-14-22 Draft Minutes.pdf