City Council Meeting (PDF)
Millcreek City Council, Community Reinvestment Agency, and Planning Commission Meeting Agenda
Public Notice is hereby given that the City Council of Millcreek will assemble in a public work meeting and regular meeting on Monday, 10 April 2023 at City Hall, 3330 S. 1300 E., Millcreek, Utah 84106, commencing at 5:00 p.m. for the work meeting and 7:00 p.m. for the regular meeting. The Community Reinvestment Agency of Millcreek will also assemble in a regular public meeting and will commence when the City Council has recessed or concluded the Council meeting. The Millcreek Planning Commission will participate in item 2.1.
5:00 p.m. – WORK MEETING:
1. Utah Legislative Update; Capstone Strategies
2. Unified Fire Authority Report; Chief Zachary C. Robinson
3. Millcreek Common Phase 2 Update; Dave Harris, EPG
4. Staff Reports
5. Discussion of Agenda Items, Correspondence, and/or Future Agenda Items
7:00 p.m. - REGULAR MEETING:
1. Welcome, Introduction and Preliminary Matters
1.1 Pledge of Allegiance
1.2 Public Comment
Audience members may bring any item to the Council's attention. Comments are subject to the Public Comment and Policy set forth below. State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
1.3 Outstanding Volunteer Presentation to Dan Schwab and Papa Stormy; Mt. Olympus Community Council
1.4 Child Abuse Prevention Month Proclamation
2. Planning Matters
2.1 Progress Report on the Zoning and Subdivision Code Update and R-1/Residential Compatibility Overlay Zone (RCOZ) Discussion with the Millcreek Planning Commission
2.2 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 23-12, Amending Title 19 of the Millcreek Code of Ordinances by Amending Chapter 19.04 Definitions, Repealing Chapter 19.77 Water Efficient Landscape Design and Development Standards, Enacting a Revised Chapter 19.77 Landscape Standards, and Adopting the Millcreek Plant Species List as an Appendix to Chapter 19.77
2.3 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 23-13, Amending Title 19 of the Millcreek Code of Ordinances by Amending Various Sections of Title 19, Repealing Chapter 19.80 Off-Street Parking Requirements, and Enacting a Revised Chapter 19.80 Parking and Mobility Standards
3. Financial Matters
3.1 Present FY 2023-24 General Fund, CIP Fund, & Storm Water Fund Tentative Budget; Laurie Johnson, HR-Finance Director
3.2 Present FY 2023-24 Millcreek Municipal Fee Schedule; Laurie Johnson, HR-Finance Director
3.3 Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 23-17, Acknowledging Receipt of the Tentative Budget; and Tentatively Adopting the Tentative Budget Pursuant to the Requirements of Utah Code Ann. § 10-6-111 for the Fiscal Year Beginning July 1, 2023, and Ending June 30, 2024
4. Business Matters
4.1 Public Hearing on Possible Eminent Domain at 3350 S. 2000 E. for Millcreek 2000 E. Improvement Project
4.2 Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 23-13, Authorizing and Approving Proceedings in Eminent Domain as Necessary
4.3 Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 23-14, Accepting the FY24 Transportation and Land Use Connection Grant that Requires a Match in the Amount of $70,155, and Approving the Letter of Concurrence and Match Agreement with Wasatch Front Regional Council
4.4 Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 23-15, Approving a Cooperative Agreement Between Millcreek and the Utah Department of Transportation for Funding to Construct the Millcreek Trailhead Next to the Jordan River
4.5 Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 23-16, Authorizing Millcreek to Apply for Funding from the Land and Water Conservation Fund State-Side Grant Program to Assist in Funding Millcreek Common Phase II
4.6 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 23-10, Amending Title 2 Chapter 11 of the Millcreek Code of Ordinances Entitled Declaration of Candidacy
4.7 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 23-11, Authorizing the Amendment to Various Sections of the Millcreek Code of Ordinances to Replace Outdated References to Other Sections of Code, Fix Typos and Grammar Errors, Pronouns, and Other Non-Substantive Changes
4.8 Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 23-18, Approving an Appointment to the Historic Preservation Commission
4.9 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 23-14, Declaring Approximately 10,753 Square Feet of Real Property Located at 3210 South Highland Drive, Millcreek, Utah, as Surplus; Establish a Minimum Bid; and Establish a Method to Determine the Highest and Best Economic Returns to the City
4.10 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 23-15, Declaring Approximately 2,614 Square Feet of Real Property Located at 3210 South Highland Drive, Millcreek, Utah, and Approximately 1,742 Square Feet of Real Property Located at 3254 South Highland Drive, Millcreek, Utah, as Surplus; Establish a Minimum Bid; and Establish a Method to Determine the Highest and Best Economic Returns to the City
5.1 Mayor’s Report
5.2 City Council Member Reports
5.3 Staff Reports
6. Consent Agenda
6.1 Approval of February 27, 2023 Work Meeting and Regular Meeting Minutes
6.2 Approval of March 13, 2023 Work Meeting and Regular Meeting Minutes
7. New Items for Subsequent Consideration
8. Calendar of Upcoming Events
• Historic Preservation Commission Mtg. 4/13/23 6:00 p.m.
• Planning Commission Mtg. 4/19/23 5:00 p.m.
• City Council Mtg. 4/24/23 7:00 p.m.
9. Closed Session (If Needed)
The Council may convene in a closed session to discuss items as provided by Utah Code Ann. §52-4-205.
Community Reinvestment Agency Convening
1. Present FY 2023-24 Community Reinvestment Agency Tentative Budget; Laurie Johnson, HR-Finance Director
2. Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 23-01, Acknowledging Receipt of the Community Reinvestment Agency (CRA) Tentative Budget on April 10, 2023; and Tentatively Adopting the Tentative Budget for the Fiscal Year Beginning July 1, 2023, and Ending June 30, 2024
3. Approval of June 27, 2022 Meeting Minutes
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Millcreek will make reasonable accommodation for participation in the meeting. Individuals may request assistance by contacting the ADA Coordinator, 801-214-2751 or firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
Public Comment Policy and Procedure: The purpose of public comment is to allow citizens to address items on the agenda. Citizens requesting to address the Council may be asked to complete a written comment form and present it to the City Recorder. In general, the Chair will allow an individual two minutes to address the Council. A spokesperson, recognized as representing a group in attendance, may be allowed up to five minutes. At the conclusion of the citizen comment time, the Chair may direct staff to assist the citizen on the issue presented; direct the citizen to the proper administrative department(s); or take no action. This policy also applies to all public hearings. Citizens may also submit written requests (outlining their issue) for an item to be considered at a future council meeting. The Chair may place the item on the agenda under citizen comments; direct staff to assist the citizen; direct the citizen to the proper administrative departments; or take no action. Public comment can be submitted via the City’s website at: https://millcreek.us/FormCenter/Contact-Us-5/Public-Comments-61.
The meetings will be live streamed via the City’s website at: https://millcreek.us/373/Meeting-Live-Stream. The Council, Agency, and Commission may convene in an electronic meeting. Members may participate from remote locations and may be connected to the electronic meeting by GoToMeeting, Zoom, or telephonic communications. The anchor location will be City Hall.
THE UNDERSIGNED DULY APPOINTED CITY RECORDER FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF MILLCREEK HEREBY CERTIFIES THAT A COPY OF THE FOREGOING NOTICE WAS EMAILED OR POSTED TO:
City Offices City Website Utah Public Notice Website
Those Listed on the Agenda http://millcreek.us
DATE: April 5, 2023 CITY RECORDER: Elyse Sullivan
Agenda items may be moved in order, sequence, and time.
- CC and CRA 4-10-23 Agenda.pdf
- 1.4 _ Child Abuse Prevention Month 2023.pdf
- 2.2 and 2.3 _ ZT-23-003 ZT-22-004 Adoption Reading Memorandum.pdf
- 2.2 _ Ordinance 23-12 Landscape Standards.pdf
- 2.3 _ Ordinance 23-13 Parking and Mobility.pdf
- 3.3 _ Resolution 23-17 Tentative Adoption of FY 2023-24 Tentative Budget.pdf
- 4.2 _ Resolution 23-13 Eminent Domain.pdf
- 4.3 _ Resolution 23-14 WFRC Grant.pdf
- 4.4 _ Resolution 23-15 Cooperative Agreement with UDOT JR Trail.pdf
- 4.5 _ Resolution 23-16 Authorizing Application to LWCF Grant.pdf
- 4.6 _ Ordinance 23-10 Amending Title 2 Regarding Declaration of Candidacy.pdf
- 4.7 _ Ordinance 23-11 Amending Various Code Sections.pdf
- 4.8 _ Resolution 23-18 Appointing HPC Member 2023.pdf
- 4.9 _ Ordinance 23-14 Surplus 3210 South Highland Drive Property.pdf
- 4.10 _ Ordinance 23-15 Surplus trade 3210 Highland and 3254 Highland.pdf
- 6.1 _ CC 2-27-23 Draft Minutes.pdf
- 6.2 _ CC 3-13-23 Draft Minutes.pdf