City Council Meeting (PDF)
Millcreek City Council & Community Reinvestment Agency Meeting Agenda
Public Notice is hereby given that the City Council of Millcreek will assemble in a public work meeting and regular meeting on Monday, 24 April 2023 at City Hall, 3330 S. 1300 E., Millcreek, Utah 84106, commencing at 5:30 p.m. for the work meeting and 7:00 p.m. for the regular meeting. The Community Reinvestment Agency of Millcreek will also assemble in a regular public meeting and will commence when the City Council has recessed or concluded the Council meeting.
5:30 p.m. – WORK MEETING:
1. Memorials in Parks Policy Discussion; Bizzie Watson
2. Updated Millcreek Website Preview; Jordan Hatch, Marketing and Communications Coordinator, and Rita Lund, Communications Director
3. Stormwater Utility Fee Annual Increase Presentation; Dan Drumiler, Stormwater Engineer, and John Miller, Public Works Director
4. Staff Reports
5. Discussion of Agenda Items, Correspondence, and/or Future Agenda Items
7:00 p.m. - REGULAR MEETING:
1. Welcome, Introduction and Preliminary Matters
1.1 Pledge of Allegiance
1.2 Public Comment
Audience members may bring any item to the Council's attention. Comments are subject to the Public Comment and Policy set forth below. State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
1.3 Unified Police Department Millcreek Precinct Officer of the Month for March 2023
1.4 Building Safety Month Proclamation – May 2023
1.5 Proclamation Recognizing May as National Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
1.6 Infertility Awareness Week Proclamation
2. Financial Matters
2.1 Public Hearing on the FY 2023-24 General Fund, Capital Improvement Project (CIP) Fund, and Storm Water Fund Tentative Budgets
2.2 Public Hearing to Consider Opening and Amending the Fiscal Year 2022-23 General Fund, Capital Improvement Project Fund, and Storm Water Fund Budgets
2.3 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 23-16, Amending the 2022-23 Fiscal Year Budget
2.4 Fiscal Year 2022-23 3rd Quarterly Report; Laurie Johnson, HR-Finance Coordinator
2.5 Public Hearing to Consider a Monetary Appropriation of up to $2,500 to the Friends of Millcreek Senior Center
2.6 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 23-17, Approving a Monetary Contribution of up to $2,500 to the Friends of Millcreek Senior Center
3. Business Matters
3.1 Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 23-19, Approving an Interlocal Cooperative Agreement with City of Holladay for Justice Court Services
3.2 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 23-18, Regulating, Preventing, and Banning the Discharge of Fireworks within Certain Areas of the City
4.1 Mayor’s Report
4.2 City Council Member Reports
4.3 Treasurer’s Report
4.4 Staff Reports
4.5 Unified Police Department Report
5. New Items for Subsequent Consideration
6. Calendar of Upcoming Events
• Mt. Olympus Community Council Mtg., 5/1/23, 6:00 p.m.
• Millcreek Community Council Mtg., 5/2/23, 6:30 p.m.
• Canyon Rim Citizens Association Mtg., 5/3/23, 7:00 p.m.
• East Mill Creek Community Council Mtg., 5/4/23, 6:30 p.m.
• City Council Mtg. 5/8/23 7:00 p.m.
7. Closed Session (If Needed)
The Council may convene in a closed session to discuss items as provided by Utah Code Ann. §52-4-205.
Community Reinvestment Agency Convening
1. Public Hearing on FY 2023-24 Community Reinvestment Agency Tentative Budget
2. Approval of April 10, 2023 Meeting Minutes
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Millcreek will make reasonable accommodation for participation in the meeting. Individuals may request assistance by contacting the ADA Coordinator, 801-214-2751 or email@example.com, at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
Public Comment Policy and Procedure: The purpose of public comment is to allow citizens to address items on the agenda. Citizens requesting to address the Council may be asked to complete a written comment form and present it to the City Recorder. In general, the Chair will allow an individual two minutes to address the Council. A spokesperson, recognized as representing a group in attendance, may be allowed up to five minutes. At the conclusion of the citizen comment time, the Chair may direct staff to assist the citizen on the issue presented; direct the citizen to the proper administrative department(s); or take no action. This policy also applies to all public hearings. Citizens may also submit written requests (outlining their issue) for an item to be considered at a future council meeting. The Chair may place the item on the agenda under citizen comments; direct staff to assist the citizen; direct the citizen to the proper administrative departments; or take no action. Public comment can be submitted via the City’s website at: https://millcreek.us/FormCenter/Contact-Us-5/Public-Comments-61.
The meetings will be live streamed via the City’s website at: https://millcreek.us/373/Meeting-Live-Stream. The Council may convene in an electronic meeting. Council members may participate from remote locations and may be connected to the electronic meeting by GoToMeeting, Zoom, or telephonic communications. The anchor location will be City Hall.
THE UNDERSIGNED DULY APPOINTED CITY RECORDER FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF MILLCREEK HEREBY CERTIFIES THAT A COPY OF THE FOREGOING NOTICE WAS EMAILED OR POSTED TO:
City Offices City Website Utah Public Notice Website
Those Listed on the Agenda http://millcreek.us
DATE: April 19, 2023 CITY RECORDER: Elyse Sullivan
Agenda items may be moved in order, sequence, and time to meet the needs of the Council and Agency.
- CC and CRA 4-24-23 Agenda.pdf
- Work Mtg Item 1 _ Memorial Park Handout.pdf
- Work Mtg Item 3 _ Stormwater Utility Fee (SWUF) Increase-FY22-23_FY23-24.pdf
- Item 1.4 _ 2023 Building Safety Month Proclamation.pdf
- Item 1.5 _ PROCLAMATION RECOGNIZING MAY AS NATIONAL ASIAN AMERICAN.pdf
- Item 1.6 _ Infertility Week Proclamation 2023.pdf
- Item 2.1 _ Millcreek Tentative Budget - FY 2023-24.pdf
- Item 2.3 _ Ordinance 23-16 FY 22-23 Budget Amendment 3.pdf
- Item 2.6 _ Ordinance 23-17 Friends of Millcreek Senior Center Appropriation.pdf
- Item 3.1 _ Resolution 23-19 Justice Court Interlocal with Holladay.pdf
- Item 3.2 _ Ordinance 23-18 Fireworks Ban.pdf