City Council Meeting (PDF)
Millcreek City Council Meeting Agenda
Public Notice is hereby given that the City Council of Millcreek will assemble in a public work meeting and regular meeting on Monday, 8 May 2023 at City Hall, 3330 S. 1300 E., Millcreek, Utah 84106, commencing at 5:00 p.m. for the work meeting and 7:00 p.m. for the regular meeting.
5:00 p.m. – WORK MEETING:
1. United Way Promise Partnership Update; Bill Crim, CEO
2. Stormwater Utility Fee Annual Increase Presentation; Dan Drumiler, Stormwater Engineer, and John Miller, Public Works Director
3. Planning Matters First Readings:
a. ZM-22-013, Rezone Request from R-2-10 to R-M at 3956-3960 S. 300 E. by Applicant Dwight Yee; Carlos Estudillo, Planner
b. ZT-23-005, Amendments to Title 19 Updating Definitions, Repealing the A-1, A-2, A-5, A-10, A-20, FA-2.5, FA-5, FA-10, and FA-20 Zones and Enacting a New Agriculture Zone; Kate Larsen, Planner
c. ZT-23-006, Amendments to Title 19 Updating Definitions, Repealing the F-1, FM-10, FM-20, FR-0.5, FR-1, FR-2.5, FR-5, FR-10, FR-20, FR-50, and FR-100 Zones and Enacting a New Forestry Recreation Estate Zone; Sean Murray, Planner
4. Staff Reports
5. Discussion of Agenda Items, Correspondence, and/or Future Agenda Items
7:00 p.m. - REGULAR MEETING:
1. Welcome, Introduction and Preliminary Matters
1.1 Pledge of Allegiance
1.2 Mayor’s Star of Excellence Awards
1.3 Public Comment
Audience members may bring any item to the Council's attention. Comments are subject to the Public Comment and Policy set forth below. State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
2. Business Matters
2.1 Discussion and Consideration of Ordinance 23-19, Extending the Mayor’s Emergency Proclamation No. 1 of 2023 Declaring a Local State of Emergency
2.2 Discussion and Consideration of Resolution 23-20, Approving an Interlocal Cooperative Agreement Between Millcreek and Salt Lake County to Fund a Portion of Salt Lake County’s Jordan River Trail Project
2.3 Memorials in Parks Policy Discussion
3.1 Mayor’s Report
3.2 City Council Member Reports
3.3 Staff Reports
4. Consent Agenda
4.1 Approval of April 10, 2023 Work Meeting and Regular Meeting Minutes
4.2 Approval of April 24, 2023 Work Meeting and Regular Meeting Minutes
5. New Items for Subsequent Consideration
6. Calendar of Upcoming Events
• Planning Commission Mtg. 5/17/23 5:00 p.m.
• Historic Preservation Commission Mtg. 5/18/23 6:00 p.m.
• City Council Mtg. 5/22/23 7:00 p.m.
7. Closed Session (If Needed)
The Council may convene in a closed session to discuss items as provided by Utah Code Ann. §52-4-205.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Millcreek will make reasonable accommodation for participation in the meeting. Individuals may request assistance by contacting the ADA Coordinator, 801-214-2751 or email@example.com, at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
Public Comment Policy and Procedure: The purpose of public comment is to allow citizens to address items on the agenda. Citizens requesting to address the Council may be asked to complete a written comment form and present it to the City Recorder. In general, the Chair will allow an individual two minutes to address the Council. A spokesperson, recognized as representing a group in attendance, may be allowed up to five minutes. At the conclusion of the citizen comment time, the Chair may direct staff to assist the citizen on the issue presented; direct the citizen to the proper administrative department(s); or take no action. This policy also applies to all public hearings. Citizens may also submit written requests (outlining their issue) for an item to be considered at a future council meeting. The Chair may place the item on the agenda under citizen comments; direct staff to assist the citizen; direct the citizen to the proper administrative departments; or take no action. Public comment can be submitted via the City’s website at: https://millcreek.us/FormCenter/Contact-Us-5/Public-Comments-61.
The meetings will be live streamed via the City’s website at: https://millcreek.us/373/Meeting-Live-Stream. The Council may convene in an electronic meeting. Council members may participate from remote locations and may be connected to the electronic meeting by GoToMeeting, Zoom, or telephonic communications. The anchor location will be City Hall.
THE UNDERSIGNED DULY APPOINTED CITY RECORDER FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF MILLCREEK HEREBY CERTIFIES THAT A COPY OF THE FOREGOING NOTICE WAS EMAILED OR POSTED TO:
City Offices City Website Utah Public Notice Website
Those Listed on the Agenda http://millcreek.us
DATE: May 3, 2023 CITY RECORDER: Elyse Sullivan
Agenda items may be moved in order, sequence, and time to meet the needs of the Council.
- Work Mtg Item 1 _ Millcreek Promise 100.pdf
- Work Mtg Item 2 _ Stormwater Utility Fee (SWUF) Increase.pdf
- Work Mtg Item 3a _ ZM-22-013 Staff report with supporting documents 1.pdf
- Work Mtg Item 3b _ ZT-23-005 City Council Staff Report With Attachments 1.pdf
- Work Mtg Item 3c _ ZT-23-006 Staff Report City Council with Attachments 1.pdf
- Item 2.1 _ Ordinance 23-19 Extending Emergency Declaration.pdf
- Item 2.2 _ Resolution 23-20 JRT Interlocal with SLCO.pdf
- Item 4.1 _ CC 4-10-23 Draft Minutes.pdf
- Item 4.2 _ CC 4-24-23 Draft Minutes.pdf